BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE | FOR CATS
FRESH FREE-RUN CHICKEN & TURKEY, CAGE-FREE EGGS, AND WILD-CAUGHT FISH
TO PROMOTE PEAK BODY CONDITIONING, CATS NEED A PROTEIN-RICH DIET WITH MODERATE FAT.
With 44% richly nourishing protein, ORIJEN nourishes cats and kittens according to their evolutionary and biological needs.
2/3 of ORIJEN’s meat ingredients are FRESH (refrigerated, no preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, no preservatives), including the top 10 ingredients.
Free of rendered poultry meals, 1/3 of our dehydrated poultry is air-dried from fresh chicken and turkey, for a concentrated source of protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meat alone.
Nutrient-dense WholePrey ratios of fresh meat, organs, and cartilage or bone, plus fresh, whole fish provide a natural source of virtually every nutrient your cat needs, and a flavor that they crave.
Infusions of gently freeze-dried liver enhance flavor and palatability naturally, making ORIJEN deliciously tasty, even for selective eaters.
IS YOUR CAT'S FOOD BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE?
Cats evolved as hunters and, just like their wild cousins, their teeth, jaws, and digestive system are all adapted for meat-concentrated diets that are rich in fresh meat and meat diversity. Biologically Appropriate foods mirror the natural diet and answer three meat questions:
ORIJEN leads its class in premium meat inclusions.
All from animals from federally inspected facilities prior to inclusion in our foods.
2/3 of meats are FRESH or RAW and loaded with goodness.
1/3 is dried at low temperature for a premium protein source.
A variety of meats in WholePrey ratios supply nutrients naturally, dramatically reducing the need for synthetic supplements.
Whole nest-laid eggs
Wild Pacific herring
Wild Pacific flounder
Wild Pacific hake
3 SUPPLEMENTS – ZINC, CHOLINE, AND VITAMIN B1
In nature there are no synthetic supplements, so cats derive their complete nutritional needs naturally by consuming whole animals, which contain all of the nutrients they need to thrive. That’s why you won’t find long lists of synthetics in ORIJEN cat foods. Loaded with richly nourishing ratios of fresh meat, organs, and cartilage or bone, plus fresh, whole fish and cage-free eggs, ORIJEN provides a natural source of virtually every nutrient your cat needs to thrive.
90% QUALITY ANIMAL INGREDIENTS | 10% VEGETABLES & FRUIT
Deboned chicken, chicken liver, turkey liver, deboned turkey, cage-free eggs, flounder, turkey heart, whole Atlantic herring, chicken heart, cod liver, dehydrated chicken liver, dehydrated egg, dehydrated sardine, dehydrated chicken, dehydrated turkey, dehydrated herring, whole red lentils, whole pinto beans, whole green peas, whole green lentils, whole navy beans, whole chickpeas, natural cod flavor, dried pumpkin, lentil fiber, chicken fat, chicken cartilage, turkey cartilage, dehydrated carrot, dehydrated butternut squash, choline chloride, whole pumpkin, whole butternut squash, mixed tocopherols (preservative), zinc proteinate, dried kelp, freeze-dried chicken liver, freeze-dried turkey liver, freeze-dried cod liver, kale, spinach, mustard greens, collard greens, turnip greens, whole carrots, whole apples, whole pears, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, copper proteinate, chicory root, turmeric, sarsaparilla root, althea root, rosehips, juniper berries, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product.Meet Our Suppliers
NOURISH AS NATURE INTENDED
Although they may look different, your cat shares her eating anatomy with the Near Eastern wildcat, which means she’s adapted for a diet rich and varied in fresh meat, protein, and fat – not highly processed carbohydrates and starches.
Crude protein (min.) 44% Crude fat (min.) 15% Crude ash (max.) 9% Crude fiber (max.) 6% Moisture (max.) 10% DHA (min.) 0.15% EPA (min.) 0.15% Calcium (min.) 1.8% Phosphorus (min.) 1.5% Magnesium (min.) 0.1% Taurine (min.) 0.1% Omega-6 fatty acids* (min.) 3% Omega-3 fatty acids* (min.) 1.2% L-Carnitine (min.) 56 mg/kg Total Microorganisms* (min.) (Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium animalis, Lactobacillus casei) 100MM CFU/lb
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles.
- ORIJEN foods mirror the natural diet, incorporating meat, organs, and cartilage or bone in ratios that deliver nutrients naturally and limit supplementation to zinc. Vitamins
Vitamin A 30.0 kIU/kg Vitamin D3 1,100 IU/kg Vitamin E 270 IU/kg Thiamine (B1) 30.0 mg/kg Riboflavin (B2) 21.0 mg/kg Pan. Acid (B5) 30.0 mg/kg Niacin (B3) 150 mg/kg Pyridoxine (B6) 25.0 mg/kg Folic Acid 1.90 mg/kg Vitamin B12 0.45 mg/kg Choline 2,400 mg/kg
Potassium 0.80 % Sodium 0.38 % Chloride 0.57 % Iron 125 mg/kg Copper 9.00 mg/kg Manganese 10.0 mg/kg Zinc 240 mg/kg Iodine 1.94 mg/kg Selenium 0.93 mg/kg
- In nature, cats and wildcats meet their nutritional needs naturally by consuming whole prey animals and whole fish. Similarly, ORIJEN provides essential amino acids from natural and highly bio-available sources.
Arginine 2.60% Histidine 1.00% Isoleucine 1.73% Leucine 2.92% Lysine 2.97% Methionine 0.93% Phenylalanine 1.68% Threonine 1.64% Tryptophan 0.44% Valine 1.99% Cystine 0.37%
- Botanicals mimic the natural diet, acting as tonics and builders to strengthen organs, aid digestion, and eliminate toxins by stimulating physiological processes, like cleansing the liver.
Chicory Root 200 mg/kg Turmeric 200 mg/kg Sarsaparilla Root 150 mg/kg Althea (Marshmallow) Root 150 mg/kg Rosehips 150 mg/kg Juniper Berries 150 mg/kg
YOUR CAT IS UNIQUE
Your cat is unique and her feeding requirements will vary with her environment, age, and activity. That’s why we suggest starting with the guide below, and then monitoring her weight and adjusting portions as needed. Feed twice daily and remember to always keep fresh, clean water available.
† Use a standard 8-ounce measuring cup. Serve dry or lightly moistened. See your veterinarian regularly. To help maintain freshness, we recommend sealing the bag tightly and storing it in a cool, dry location. ORIJEN Fit & Trim is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles for Adult Maintenance.
By providing more calories from protein and fat (and fewer from carbohydrates), ORIJEN distributes calories to mirror the natural feline diet. Metabolizable energy is 3750 kcal/kg (428 kcal per 8oz. cup) with 44% from protein, 16% from vegetables and fruit, and 40% from fat.
OUR BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE PHILOSOPHY
The Near Eastern wildcat is the ancestor and closest relative of all domestic cats. While years of breeding have produced different kinds of cats, the internal workings of wild and domestic cats remain unchanged, so it’s no surprise that their food requirements remain the same too. Our five Biologically Appropriate principles are simple and mirror the freshness and variety of meat that cats have evolved to eat.
- All cats have sharp teeth and a body designed to metabolize protein and fat from meat. ORIJEN is designed to nourish your cat according to her biological needs.
- 90% quality animal ingredients (2/3 fresh or raw; 1/3 gently dehydrated)
- 44% richly nourishing protein
- NO gluten or grains
- Fresh meats is the foundation of award-winning ORIJEN foods.
- 2/3 of the meat ingredients are fresh or raw, supplying your cat with essential nutrients in their most natural and nourishing form
- 1/3 are dehydrated at low temperatures for a concentrated source of nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meat alone
- ORIJEN is free of rendered chicken or turkey meals, which are replaced with dehydrated chicken and turkey
- In nature, cats benefit from an assortment of meat. This variety is often lost in conventional cat foods which typically feature a single animal ingredient, such as chicken or lamb, that is highly processed and seldom fresh. That’s why ORIJEN Fit & Trim features a rich diversity of fresh meat in Biologically Appropriate WholePrey ratios to nourish for peak health:
- Fresh free-run chicken from Kentucky farms
- Fresh free-run turkey from Indiana farms
- Fresh cage-free eggs from Kentucky farms
- Fresh, whole arrowtooth flounder, herring, and cod, all wild-caught from New England’s cold waters
- Mother Nature matched the nutrients in whole prey animals to perfectly meet a carnivore’s dietary needs since predatory animals like wolves and wildcats, consume the whole animal. WholePrey represents the evolution of ORIJEN foods, incorporating fresh meat, organs, and cartilage or bone in ratios that mirror nature and eliminate the need for long lists of synthetic supplements. The WholePrey diet is a nutritional treasure:
- Meat – essential for protein and fat as well as Vitamins A, B, D, and K, copper, chromium, folic acid, iron, magnesium, potassium, selenium, and zinc
- Organs – packed with virtually every nutrient your cat needs to thrive including vitamins, minerals, healthy fat, and amino acids
- Cartilage or Edible Bone – a rich source of minerals including calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and potassium in natural form your cat’s body can easily absorb
- While cats are obligate carnivores and have no biological requirement for carbohydrates, some cat foods still contain large amounts of potato and tapioca. Biologically Appropriate ORIJEN Fit & Trim is a protein-rich food featuring fresh vegetables and fruit which release sugar slowly, dramatically reducing the potential for fat storage.